Friday, April 11, 2014

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (Book Review)

Clockwork Angel is the first book on The Infernal Devices trilogy. The Infernal Devices is the prequel to the new york times best-selling series which is The Mortal Instruments. 


Clockwork Angel tells about a girl named Tessa who has been called by her brother from London to come visit him because her aunt has just passed away. So Tessa, of course, go to London because she can't go to anywhere else. After she arrived there, her brother is not there but she met two sisters called the Dark Sisters. They said that her brother sent them to pick her up and she's like "Um... Okay." and go with them.


But instead they lock her up and force her to use her "Special" ability. They said that they lock his brother up and the only way to free him is too use her ability and show it to someone called the magister. Day after day she's being trained by the Dark Sisters and her powers became stronger. 


She soon realised that she have an ability that everyone kills to have which is the ability to Change or the ability to shape-shift. After her training is done and she have mastered her ability, the Dark Sisters calls this creepy Magister and informed Tessa that she have to marry him.


Hopeless, Tessa just sits there. But suddenly a handsome young looking man with dazzling blue eyes, who's name is Will Herondale, saves her. They get away, but The Magister is still looking for her, still hunting her down. Will introduced Tessa to the Shadowhunter world and her life changes forever....


I really loved Clockwork Angel. It wasn't like any what expected. There's so many plot twist and it's SO GOOD! It's so good being back to the shadow hunter world, it's been months since i read City Of Lost Souls! The book just blow me away. I flew quickly through the pages and i love it! I'm solo glad that i buy this book. And i very much regret that i didn't pick up Clockwork Prince, the sequel to Clockwork Angel, when i have the chance or when i'm buying this book too! WHYYY. Now i have to wait, at least, two days until i can get my precious hands of the second book.


I recommend it to everyone! although some readers who i see at Goodreads did not like this book and i don't know why. The plot is amazing and if you have a reading slump, go pick this up. I, myself, is having a reading slump when i started because The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey didn't actually pick me up. I  finished this amazing book about.. three days? I don't remember.

I hesitated at first because i don't want another Shadowhunter world without Clary, Jace, Simon, Alec, Isabelle and all of The Mortal Instruments characters. But everybody, i mean everybody liked this more than The Mortal Instruments. So i decide to pick it up. Books are in a dangerous place when i'm in a reading slump. Either it will be a bore and i don't like it or it will be one of the greatest books i read. Clockwork Angel stands firmly in one of my top ten or even top five of course!

I give it a 5 out of 5 stars because it really deserves it. I glad that i read it and glad that my first book review is this book.

Now i want to head to the spoilery section so if you haven't read it, i suggest you do not read this part. Later, people who haven't read Clockwork Angel!

Ok. Who do i want to discuss first... Let's see.. Will Herondale? I like Will in this book but i didn't actually love him. Everyone is like "I LOVE WILL HE IS MY FUTURE HUSBAND AAAAHHHH!!" but didn't see something that made him loveable except his pretty face. But, of course, i still like Will. I ship Will and Tessa, though! Those two are perfect! And when they kiss i was like awwww but then Will just messes everything up. I don't know, in the earlier parts of the book, i can see why everybody loves him but towards the ending that feeling has faded.

How about Jem? I like him. He's a gentleman in front of Tessa and i like that about him. Jem is Will's parabatai, right? I like his name is Jem and it can be translated into Gem, because he is a gem. And the disease- wait, is it a disease?- i seem kinda worried for Jem that he's going to die. But, alas, i was spoiled. I don't want to tell you guys what's the spoiler is but i will tell it in Clockwork Princess review or City Of Heavenly Fire review hopefully, if i still remembers. The way his hair turns silver and his skin too gave me the shiver. And when the clockwork army attack Jem and Tessa? I was worried that it will slow him down and it did!

Now let's talk about Sophie and Thomas and Agatha. I liked Thomas most of all i this book and WHY DID HE DIED? WHY. I ship Sophie and Thomas and now they can never be together! When Will step into the institute and see Thomas lying in the pool of blood and suddenly he talks, i was so happy and was jumping and laughing but HE DIED. An. what do you think of Sophie? Thomas was saint something until he was cut because- you know what i'm going to say so i don't want to say it again. I did NOT expect Thomas and Agatha to die. And how sad that Will leave Thomas because of Jem!

Charlotte and Henry. My favourite character is maybe Charlotte? Because she's a strong woman and she's only twenty-three! she started to run the institute at Eighteen! Crazy! And poor her when she said that Will, Jem, and Jessamine are like her children but they don't love them. Although, Will shows some kind things when He, Jem, and Tessa was spying the Enclave meeting. And when she tricked Mortmain about the Clave summoning thingy, i love that part! Henry is funny too but i think Charlotte have got more roles in the book.

Mortmain. That jerk. I never in my life expect that he would lie and turns put he's the magister. I was so sure that De Quincey was the one and i even imagine him as the baddest person and Mortmain as a innocent guy. Well played, Cassandra Clare, Well played *claps hands* the plot twist here is amazing you know. When Tessa pretended to stab herself in the chest and Mortmain was like "NOOOO" and then she did it. Tessa is a very smart girl.

Magnus and Camille. When Magnus name came in i was ecstatic, i was jumping when lady belcourt was said after that. And then De Quincy came and i was like "Who are you? Get out!" because i've been spoiled i knew De Quincey is evil and thought that he is the main antagonist in the story. Anyway, his an her relationship? uhhh... i like better than Magnus and Alec..? I like Camille here more than when she's on The Mortal Instruments.

What do you think will happen in Clockwork Prince? Will asked Magnus for some kind of help and the book ends with that. Why, Cassandra Clare, why? I should have buy Clockwork Prince along with Clockwork Angel. I'm not going to talk about Tessa here because i think that she would be better if i talk about her in Clockwork Princess.  If i missed out something, let me know and i will edit and put it in this post!

THANKS FOR READING! :)

ALBERT~

No comments:

Post a Comment