Friday, April 25, 2014

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (Book Review)

Whoa, is this book amazing or what?

If you thought this book is not amazing, fabulous, flawless, then you don't have eyes, a heart and especially not a brain. Because everyone with perfect sense can already sense this book.

I love the cover even though i don't like book covers with people on the cover. But this is good, you know. More than good actually.

I finished Clockwork Princess yesterday at night, so if i forget something... I AM ONLY HUMAN. I was thinking to actually stop the book reviewing but i decide that i have to make reviews because that is a more effective way to get views!

Anyway, back to the cover talk. As i was saying, i don't really like real people on the cover. It's like saying "Hey you over there, yes i'm talking to you, you cannot imagine your own characters because the cover says that they are the characters!" And we all would have cried.

I mean, it's easy for the first. Like, ok, i could to this and then it was flowing like calm water. But then it just go nuts and boom. For example is Mr. William Herondale. I was picturing him like in the Clockwork Angel but then it gets hard and i was forced to change image.

Changing someone image is very, very hard if you have been through this like i do. Like, for example, the one and only Beatrice Prior. I was clearly picturing Shailene Woodley- before we continued i want to put something : Imagining them from a cover is hard. But imagining them from a movie is very easy- and then Tris cuts her hair.

I don't know that moment what would happen. Should i picture Shailene like her hair is cut? Btw, who likes Shailene's new hair? Honestly, i don't. I got a thing for long-haired girl characters. I love her hair when it's still long, but to cut it like a pixie haircut? WHHYY. Don't get me started on Jennifer Lawrence. I really enjoyed her hair and then she cuts it. I'm still hoping it would get long very fast.

Anyway, I came to the conclusion that i just can't picture Tris with a short hair. So i just picture her as the old Shailene Woodley. It's my mind and that's what i want.

Funny thing here, i picture this girl from the Clockwork Princess as Charlotte Branwell. I don't know why, but it seems rather good on her? I was reading and the next thing i knew it was i was picturing this girl cover as Charlotte. But it looks good on her. Except for the part that she is small. Charlotte is small, not the cover girl. Because i imagine the cover girl to be tall so that's it.

Back to the book discussion! Let's talk about the funny parts of this book. What character crosse your mind if i said 'funny' ? William freakin' Herondale, of course. He is so, so funny in this book. Actually, he is very funny in the other two books so forget i just said in this book. He is so, so funny in the series. I was smiling the entire time.

Sometimes i laugh out loud but i didn't grin like a maniac in his book. I should have, but i do not know what's actually wrong with me. Will is so funny. and Jem, too! Tessa, too, actually. I love all the characters.

What's my favourite character? HMMM... this is a very hard question. I don't know. It's between Tessa or Will. On the third place comes Jem. I'm sorry, Jem, i put you on the third place. Lol. Back to Tessa Gray or William Herondale. Who should i pick? I love Will but Tessa is just so- ugh. I hate it when i have to choose one character that i love.

I think i'm going with Tessa..? I really love Will but i started loving him in Clockwork Prince. In Clockwork Angel he's a bit mean and i don;t really like him. And what he says at the end of Clockwork Angel? Maybe that's why, because he said that. Poor Tessa.

I love Tessa from the start of the book to the end of the book. She can be a bit of annoying sometimes or by 'sometimes' mean the love triangle. I was like "NO DON'T DO IT. WAIT, DO IT. SAID IT. KISS HIIIMMM." that stuff. But i love her all the way. Some parts i was proud with Tessa- she didn't let me down in the end and i lover her so much.

Let's talk about the sad part of the story.

Just let you know, i won't spoil you. I still haven't said that i was going to the spoiler section so it's still spoiler-free!

Anyway, the sad part. THE EPILOGUE. Why Cassandra Clare, i've never even meet you yet and you already break my heart from this beautiful book. I mean, why Cassandra Clare?! I didn't cry, but i was holding the tears! It's this close to i'm crying! Sorry, i forgot that you can;t see my finger, but just keep in mind that it's small.

I can already feel something on my throat and my eyes became hurt and i was struggling to hold it together. It's not a bad thing, you know. Nothing bad happens. But that part just made me cry because of something. It's not the spoiler part yet, so i can't spoil anything. 

I think Clockwork Princess beats Champion and Mockingjay. My first one used to be Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, but now it is Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. She is so amazing when it comes down to the conclusion of a trilogy or a series. Always, the final book blows my mind. City Of Glass just shattered me with its amazingness and Clockwork Princess just took two steps higher.

I'm very excited about City Of Heavenly Fire. Everybody said that it will the death of them because Cassandra Clare has said that six characters we know by name will die in the conclusion. I'm just hoping it's not the characters that i loved because if that just happens... i would break. I would have an emotional breakdown and possibly will beat Clockwork Princess in the cry rating system.

You could see the difference of the writing style from City Of Bones- her debut novel and also the first book in The Mortal Instruments series- to Clockwork Princess- the third ands final book to the Infernal Devices trilogy. 

I didn't like third-person point of view until Cassandra Clare brought me in. Her writing style is very action packed and can very be romantic at times. But it's full of action pack. 

I'M SO ATTACHED TO THE CHARACTERS.

Now i'm going to go to the spoiler section of this post. If you have not read Clockwork Princess then i advice you to leave. Seriously, you have to get out now and read the book. Trust me you do not want to be spoiled because this book is such an amazing book! I already warn you. Bye, people who haven't read Clockwork Princess!

Seriously, leave.

Let's start with the first big scene. I called it the worm attack in the lightworm house. oh god, did i say lightworm? I mean, Lightworm! I forgot to use capital letters, sorry. 

So Benedict Lightworm- Aha! I didn't forget!- just transformed into a huge work that eats humans and shadowhunters. But from the inside he's already a worm, and because of the demon pox, it just shows his true self. Maybe the demon pox isn't bad after all. An ugly girl but have the heart of gold got demon pox and boom became a model. That could happen.

I love the part where Gabriel came in to the Institute and Gideon was like "What happened?" and Gabriel answered "Our father is a worm." and Gideon didn't understand and i do too, i didn't understand. I thought he is behaving like a worm, lazy and that kind of stuff. But then, the hocking news is that he is a real worm.

That Tatiana girl is just soooooo frustrating. I'm not even a little bit sorry for her, not even a pity that her father turns into a worm and eats her husband. And also when Will shout it out loud to everyone on the party. She just runs away, crying and i was being all mean and stuff and then Gabriel came in and i like "lol."

Cecily came with the gang and i personally didn't like Cecily at the first. I was thinking that she will slow them down and just like i can't handle her being with Will all the time because Tessa is supposed to be with Will all the time right? But at the end, i lover her so much and i'm very happy she ends up with Gabriel.

Let's talk about them for a moment, i know from the start that Gabriel liked Cecily and i know that in the end they will end up together. But just think what will happen when Gabriel wants to kiss her but then she slapped him and all awkward and yeah. But i love Gabriel now, i don't know why and how, but i feel something for him. 

Anyway, so Cecily just jumps to the worm's back and then Gabriel kill it and they make a good team i would say. Cecily and Gabriel. 

Tessa joins in, still wearing her wedding dress and it got ripped and torn apart. When Jem sees Tessa on her wedding dress, i was like whyyyy it's bad luck and we can't do that. I was very expecting a wedding in this book- yes, there's a wedding but i meant Jem and Tessa's wedding. I was very surprised when Cassandra Clare didn't add that.

Let's just skims to the end because i finished Clockwork Princess about three days ago and i didn't exactly remember the whole thing. I remember, but it's all blurry in my head because of the epilogue. Don't worry, we're getting there.

I did not believe when Jessamine said "No, i won't last that long." my mouth fell open and i just couldn't believe that our Jessamine is dying in the front of the Institute steps. If only Will or somebody lead her to safety long enough, then she would;t have died. But i was quite happy for her, she ends up protecting the institute as a spirit. I'm not going to call her ghost. But when she died it just made me sad. 

And she said that Mortmain is in Idris and Will would know it. But Will didn't figured it out, Cecily is the one who figured it out. "It's in our home, in Cadair Idris, brotha" and i was impressed with her. Let's talk about the mountain a bit, the legends behind that mountain just fascinated me and made my hair stand up and i was very interested to learn more. But this is a novel, not a learning book.

Now i want to talk about the Consul. What a her, right? I was rooting for the clave to make Charlotte the new consul and when she got the spot i was so, so happy. I didn't really understand why the consul hates her. I mean, his reasons weren't strong enough to grab me. Like some bad guy out there, some have a very strong reason of why they hate something.

And what the heck, why did the consul asked Gideon and Gabriel to spy on Charlotte? Instant-hate. Hate at first sight. Not the first sight, i guess. 

But Gideon only commented on Charlotte's hats and that made me laugh. Cassandra Clare always makes me laugh in her book, she's so great. But Gabriel on the other hand just made me hated him even more. Like, promising the consul that he would spy on Charlotte and thank god he didn't because if he did that, i would punch him.

What's next? Sophie and Gideon relationship. I was so happy when Sophie is turned into a shadow hunter. But we didn't get to see her kick butts in this book as a shadow hunter. And when Gideon proposes to Sophie i was gushing and YES YES YES. But at the epilogue, it says that Gideon dies first and...

Move on.

WHO FREAKIN' KNEW TESSA IS A STARKWEATHER. I didn't expect this, at all. I was both shocked and surprised to hear this. Turns out that his granddaughter is Tessa's mother. And Tessa is a starkweather! Good job, Cassie. You blow me for the 56th time.

Let's talk about Jem. He turns into brother Zachariah. I was spoiled so when Will thought he dies, i was like "oh, my poor baby, he didn't die, he just turns into a silent brother." and when he acccompy the gang to mortmain's base, i was jumping and screaming he is Jem. 

The part where he said his goodbye just makes me cry. Especially when he's talking to Will. And finally he knew that Will also loved Tessa. And that made me happy. I could understand why he just ran away after the big fight. So when Will complain i was half rolling my eyes.

But at the epilogue, Jem turns back to normal! Yay! I wonder what happened. I'm so excited for the City Of Heavenly Fire! But what i didn't' understand, is he immortal? 

Let's talk about the epilogue for awhile. Jem said he wants to get back on, to marry her again but Tessa was like thinking that she would be together but would lose him again. Wait, does she? Is Jem not immortal? Hmm... i think so. But someone said that Jem would make a cameo on The Dark something, i don't know how to spelled it. 

But that does makes a point, maybe Jem still lives in the dark artifices? Is that who to spelled it? I don't know. But if Jem do still lives, i would pretty much be happy.

Anyway, so Tessa just shocked it off and she wants to be with Jem because love is more stronger that death and fear! So Tessa said yes. WOO-HOO!

Henry. I did not realised that he is the one who created the portal! I didn't remember the portal because it's been such a long time since i read The Mortal Instruments. And when he said the word portal i was like oh god, he made it. But why did he name it the portal? Why didn't he name it like... Henral? It would be cool to add his name to the name. Or Branwell is a pretty cool name too.

Let's talk about the fight. Bridget defending Charlotte and Henry- that pretty much makes me love her. And i was so sure Henry would died but thankfully he didn't! But he died on the end, though... why why why why. And poor Cyril, i though his fate is going to be the same as Thomas's, dying for the Institute. I was cared for the maid trio because Agatha and Thomas died, and i would be scared to lose them again.

And when Tessa just transformed into Ithuriel. She just becomes Katniss. She became the girl on fayyyahh. The girl on Fayewing, that's better. And she was like, feeling godly and all but then she got a coma but Jem healed her. But she's still awesome. But her clockwork angel... i was disappointed that it no longer works.

Let's talk about Ithuriel before i we move to the epilogue talk. Am i wrong or isn't Ithuriel is the one who valentine captured? Is it wrong? i think i'm wrong. 

I love the part where Will and Cecily meet their parents again and knew that he was going to come back but he just came in to meet you so don't get your hopes just yet. And Tessa and Gabriel just standing awkwardly at the back. That's the only time i think Tessa and Gabriel is cute together.

Now let's take about the epilogue.

When Tessa tells use the story of Will and her and when Will died. I just broke into tears. I'm not crying, but that just leave a pang in my heart. When the epilogue starts and she said the word 'iPods' i know from the that she is immortal and Will died. 

Gideon and Henry also died. But Will's death just made me why. ugh. I thought i was spoiled that Will is going to die. He died, of course, but because of age. Why Cassandra Clare? I love him so much and to read about his death just like swallowing poison.

Charlotte is still alive, though, thank goodness. I she dies on the epilogue, i would seriously cry because i love Charlotte because of her braveness and selflessness (Like Tris.) and Sophie didn't die too and Cecily and Gabriel just got married.

Tessa's bracelet from Will and her 30th anniversary just made me cry. And why did she leave her kids? I knew she ran away because she didn't want to see her kids die but i'm hoping she will make a cameo on The Last Hours trilogy. 

Their first son's name is James and when Jem knew it he was like something i can't explain.

Let's talk about The Last Hours trilogy. Cassie said that Will will (hahaha.) still lives in the series or on the first book because the distance is very close. I'm hoping too that Henry and Gideon also still lives but of course they are right? I like the name because all t]starts with Chains. C again Cassie. City, Clockwork, Chains, Cassandra, Clare. But the dark artifices is not C though because it's Lady Midnight.

That's all for today. I hope enjoy it. It's always hard to close a story and can't continue, but in Tha Last Hours it will! I'm so excited! But it's still will be a long time, i think. But i'm still hanging tight!

THANKS FOR READING! :)

ALBERT~

No comments:

Post a Comment